Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Past and Future Blessings

My first homeschool journey :)
 God had me pull Casey, my son from school when he was in the end of the 5th grade. I did not want to do it, no way! With a lot of nudging, God showed me in ways I can understand that I must do it. Finally, I obediently pulled him out and begin homeschooling. I literally had no idea what I was doing. Thankfully, my God did.

 As we struggled through the first couple of years, I began to see a change in my son. A good change :)  Anyone of you that knew us way back then knows full well what I am talking about. God did it, not us, not a preacher, teacher or other person influence, only God!

 When he graduated in 2009, I had him a diploma and a transcript and he was ready to go, or so I thought. When we went to Lamar, they would not accept the diploma or the transcript. I was devastated, my son was devasted. This was not what we expected. So, he ended up having to take the GED. You know what, HE ACED THE TEST WITHOUT STUDYING! YES AMEN! What that test did was prove to us both that he did learn and I did teach and my God led! We both needed to know this!

This morning, he is taking another test. He is testing for the Jefferson County Sheriff's office.This first step to begin his career in law enforcement. I am so proud of him and so thankful to God for getting him here.

 Now I am on the journey with my girls. When we started this year, my 15 yr old just wanted to graduate and be done with school, now, she wants to go to University of Houston for photography. My youngest is planning to attend A&M for Teaching and Library Science. THIS IS GOD FOR SURE!

 Today, my girls are officially finished with the 2011/2012 school year and I have to give the glory to my amazing God! My heart is pounding with excitement as the Lord plans and I obediently follow for the 2012/2013 school year. (Through the encouragement and advice of other homeschoolers and HSLDA and THSC, I now know how to do the transcripts and diplomas)

 I know there will continue to be hurdles, humps and setbacks. I also know that my God is with me on this journey and He will handle them! He reminds me in Exodus 14:14 "The Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still" He is my Warrior! GLORY!!

  I am so thankful for the support I have from other homeshooling moms, my co-op and most especially my LORD!

  Have a blessed day in the our LORD!

2 comments:

  1. JO,
    Amazing! Now, if I can just get thru math with Collin, I will feel accomplished:) It's been a year of God teaching me to be flexible (not my nature). Your story inspires me and reminds me that every journey is different and just what we need, when we need it.

    Love you my friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. If you can do this as a single mom, surely I can make it. :)

    ReplyDelete