Monday, April 2, 2012

Continued Strength

I am so completely blessed by my LORD! I just went back to work after being off for three weeks with my kids (vacation). God used that time to get me organized in both my priorities and my time.
 Him first thing, then breakfast with my kids, school, and family hang time. I even started reading aloud to my youngest  (my 15 yr old was listening in ..yay).

 I was concerned that when I went back to work on my 12 hr 5am to 5pm days, that I would revert back to being to tired when I get home to want to do anything and waking up later on my days off. I prayed so hard to my Daddy in Heaven to continue to keep me where He had brought me during my time off, and you know what, HE HEARD ME!! I worked Friday, Saturday and Sunday and was able to spend time with Him, come home to cook, tidy up and help where the kiddos needed for school. WOW!! That is only something God can do.

Let me give you a short testimony:
 I was six years old and at my mother's funeral when I accepted Christ.
 As I listened to the pastor's words I began to understand that I could not spend eternity in heaven with  God because of the separation caused by my sin. I knew my mother was in heaven. So, very sweetly, God used that moment for me to realize that without Jesus, I would never see her again. From there, I listened even more intently to the pastor who was leading her funeral. He spoke of this Saving Grace and I understood at that moment that I was being called to that Grace!! AMEN!! The Holy Spirit moved in me I accepted that gift of Salvation and Jesus became mine!! YAY!!! 

  I would love to say my life was a bowl of chocolate cherries after that and that I devoted myself fully to walking with Christ, but it wasn't and I didn't. That is a whole other story! I can tell you though, I now understand full well the meaning of deliverance :)

  Over the years, God has taught me where my strength comes from. There are days when I think I can't do this anymore, and He then reminds me that because of my Covenant relationship through Christ, I have His strength. I also have His Identity and His Protection. ( I strongly suggest reading Kay Arthur's study or any other study on Covenant to fully understand what I am talking about). My Savior will not drop me on my face and say "okay, I am finished with you...see ya". PRAISE GOD, He will "never leave me or forsake me". He will keep me! I am His beloved. He will continue to lead me on this journey of Homeschooling and family priorities. I am loving this King of mine!!

 Thank you again for listening to my heart. I do want to mention one more thing. My mom was a teacher, it is one of only a few memories I have of her....I had always wondered if I had any of her in me...Love how my LORD answered that one for me..He gave me her teacher's heart!
I am thankful that I will get to see her again and compare "teacher notes"
My cup runneth over!

Have a fantastic day in the Lord!!

No comments:

Post a Comment