Friday, April 20, 2012

My Focus

Have you ever felt like you were missing out on something? This week, satan tried to trap me with just that very thing.

 For years I have served on the children's ministry team at my church and have loved it and watched a lot of little hearts come to a saving knowledge of our Jesus. Very passionate about that!  So, as the church gets ready for VBS, my heart just kind of breaks a bit. I have always been part of the planning. I actually would start planning the October prior when the new theme was released. It fueled my passion. Several unchurched kids flock into Calvary and hear the message of Christ, some for the very first time at VBS. So amazing!

 This year, VBS falls in the break I am taking. Is it  hard, YES IT IS. I just want to leap right in with those gifts and talents that God gave me and the passion that goes along with it. YEP, those kids are fantastic..but, what about what God wants me to do?

 God showed me in ways I can understand in February of this year,  that a break was necessary for my family, for me to minister to my own kids. To Homeschool, to lead, to teach, to love without the busyness!! 
                                                                 but...

Satan wanted to trap me. He wanted me to sign the dotted line and serve in VBS....sneaky, subtle enemy he is! He wants my family and he knows he has a better shot if he allows my focus to be on something other than what God says.

 In the book of Jude, there is a reference to satan trying to get Michael to tell him where the bones of Moses were buried. He knew that if he could get to the bones of Israel's precious leader, then he could use them to get the focus off of worshipping God and onto the bones of Moses. Idolatry. WOW!

The enemy wants my focus to be off of God so he can go for my family. He is pretty coniving, using things we love to do and the subtleness of something that appears to be innocent and right, church stuff. WHOA!!!  Church stuff is fantastic when it is something that God has you doing. When He is at the healm, it is powerful. I know :) But when it is not, it can take you where you shouldn't be and dry you up, I know that too : (

  Satan WILL use whatever he can to sway us!! Steal our focus!

 I am praising God that He is faithful to remind me that what HE says goes. I am thanking my Daddy in Heaven for his faithfulness to continue to keep me. Not for my glory or anyone else's on this earth, but for HIS and HIS alone! 

PRAISE GOD, I am called, beloved and kept by God and He will keep on keeping on with my best interest at heart. GOD IS GOOD! I am clinging to Him! My Portion Forever!!

2 comments:

  1. Amen sister! I love reading your posts! You AND your posts are such an encouragement to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo,
    Praise God that He has also given you the boldness to say outloud what some church people wouldn't dare admit - that there is a time to serve outside the home and a time not to.

    The hardest thing to do, as a servant, is to say "no" to the "good" so you can be available for the "best". Our children will be grown and gone and we will have all the time we need to serve.

    Stay strong my friend!

    ReplyDelete