Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Single Moms and the Friends Who Love Them

It has been quite some time since I have written anything. Today, I felt the LORD nudging me to write this post so here goes :)

I have been a single mom for many long, hard years. It is the toughest thing I have ever done. 

God knew it long before me....He already had encouragement waiting for me long before I knew I would be faced with needing it.

I want to tell you about those who have loved me ....

I have friends who have prayed fervently for me, even when I didn't know it or ask for it.

I have friends who bring me lunch to work on a really difficult work day and make the day so much better.

I have friends who have provided lunch for me on a day I just didn't have lunch because of a bill that was due.....these friends had no idea :)

I have friends who given me or mailed me gift cards when I was counting change to buy groceries.

I have friends who have ordered me tools for my homeschool and paid for it and had a sweet note posted on the order for me to see.

I have friends who have let me cry, scream and almost fall on the ground from being so tired and have been there to literally catch me.

I have friends who have studied God's Word with me for years and still want me to lead them even in my "not so perfect" life.

I have friends who make me laugh so hard I snort and snort and snort!

I have friends who I can share my deepest struggles with and never feel like I am crazy.

I have friends who love me and my kids unconditionally no matter what things look like on the outside.

I have friends who have come to my house to repair and replace the AC, helped me spring clean a disaster, and have completely replaced a leaking door and floor for me.

I have friends who have called or texted me in the middle of the day to tell me that they just prayed for me.

I have friends who have blessed me with some beautiful heartfelt gifts that remind me of Who's I am daily.

I have a friend, who is now with the LORD, that walked to my car outside of the church just to give me $20.....she had no idea that I was sitting there about to cry because my car was dinging the empty fuel light sound.

Each one of these friends followed God's lead and were obedient. Most of them had no idea at all what I was facing or about to face. That is totally God!

My God placed everyone in my life that I mentioned above at just the perfect time. That is how He works. He planned it that way.

Being a single mom was not a choice for me. It is not a life I would choose or wish on someone else. It is hard, cruel at times. But God....He is faithful and has carried me through many storms, trials, heartbreaks, and tradegies....and I am confident He will continue to do so.
 He is bigger than my single "mommyness"....He is on the Throne and He reigns in my life no matter where I find myself. Do I always understand it?....No.  Do I trust Him?....what other choice do I have? He is my absolute Strength in Covenant with me. He loves me with a love that can never be outdone. He has never left me wondering if He loves me.

Are there those that judge and try to analzye?....Yes. Mostly because they cannot begin to understand what my life is like....by Grace, they do not understand and for that I am thankful.

 My amazing God and the friends He blesses me with, keep my chin up and cause me to press on.
                                                           Why?
                                                         Because.....
Some day, I will no longer be budgetting like crazy to make sure bills are paid and food is on the table.
Some day, I will no longer weep.
Someday, I will see my True Love Who has never left me.
Someday...........

That makes todays and tomorrows as a single mom way okay with me  :)


I am so thankful to you friends above who have supported me and loved me reflecting the Love of the One Who equips me.  I am shouting out....GOD IS SOOOO GOOD!
You may not even know the impact you have had on me. I am praising God for you!









No comments:

Post a Comment